Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Do you realize?

I mean really, the fact that I've not written in so long is just astounding.
I have felt lazy, slower than I was. It's been happening since I've gotten back from Washington and Oregon.

There was some sort of creative energy there, and my tank of it seems to have run dry.
I don't understand, I really dont. Here, I wake up later than 8.
There, I never slept past 7. It makes ZERO sense.

I think here, I'm running on fossil fuel. And there, they've got something else.
I'm going to look for ways to put up solar panels, and rewire myself to be able to be creative.
Even when I don't have the energy to do it.

Maybe it's just self control. This is the right thing to do, you know. Writing. Telling you, that I love you.
But it's the way of life here I think.. Goodness, I'd like to move. And soon. I feel as though I'm being suffocated. The icy-cold fingers of sloth gripping tighter around my neck.
It's some bullcrud, lemmetellya.



Yesterday, I watched a film named Baraka. It was a film that literally changed my life.

It was shot by a couple geniuses named Ron Fricke and Mark Magidson.
The entire film has no words, and is only a collection of beautifully composed imagery. It's incredible how a story can be told to us without us having heard a single word. Some of the shots brought me to tears.
To be able to capture the human soul... Gosh
I feel like your life on earth would literally be complete. They are masters of the art.
MASTERS. 

And they shot the film in 1992!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes, I sit back. And tell myself that I will never be able to accomplish something of that kind of size, perfection, and storytelling.
But then I think that both Mark and Ron probably thought the same thing once.

But only once.

No comments:

Post a Comment