Friday, September 13, 2013

Google now.

I have Google now on my phone. It's pretty smart, because it can tell where you spend your time most while you drive, and it guesses at where you live. After some time, it'll automatically tell you how long it'll take to get back home based on current traffic.
So I'm on my way back home to California, currently stopped in Oregon for the night.

I look at my phone, and Google now is telling me it'll take an hour and a half to get back home to Battleground, WA...
Suddenly my heart sunk, and the feeling of dreading my leave set in again.
I thought I got rid of it when I made the video about the beach house, but I guess I'm permanently sick.
I guess this is what people mean when they say they left their heart in San Francisco.
But I don't really like San Francisco anymore.
Well.....  Not as much as Portland anyway.

Isn't it funny how we as humans are?
We can spend such a small time with someone who makes us so bubbleheaded and flustered, and then feel such a void in us.
How important relationships are!
How incredibly pleasant they can be. Those kids from Spokane, from Seattle, from Portland.
These people are incredible.

And to think, Google Now sparked this thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment