Friday, September 13, 2013

It's been fun.

This vacation. It was full of a variety of different experiences. Nearly all of them positive.
I made a few great friends. The kind you'll probably end up knowing till you die.
I was taken back yet again by the coast of Oregon.
And then all the while by the freshness of this state, and Washington as well.
I learned so much about photography, and that wasn't even something I was shooting for.
I somewhat organized my thoughts on moving to Los Angeles.
I've also discovered that I have the ability to move to Portland whenever I want. Given the fact that I find a job.

Portland was really cool by the way. So incredibly different and alive.
We walked up to Salt & Straw, where in the window I saw our smiling friends waving at us. All 12 of them or so.
Cheered on by self-proclaimed musicians on the street, I climbed through the Window and sat at the table with my friends.
One of the seats was the windowsill, so it was pretty much asking for it.
After much festivities and panoramic photos taken, my friend Artem and I proceeded to go to his car for a talk. After the talk, I was very enlightened.
We proceeded to walk down 23rd, listening to different music sent out into the city through banjos and cellos. Guitars and gypsy-looking girls dancing to the rhythm, without a care in the world.
Who was I to resist! We danced, and burnt off a bit of the ice cream we ate.

After much more laughing while walking down the street with our troupe, after more sights and sounds, we retired to our houses.
I should've written it down some, because it's already evaded me.

I would love to one day become a person like Raul Dahl.

No comments:

Post a Comment