Tuesday, September 17, 2013

In the waiting room I sit..

It's funny how sometimes, you're in an awkward situation.
Not tomato-faced and run-out-of-the-room awkward. But only just a tad.
Oh, i digress.

There I was, the cold clinic. Translating for my Grandmother from Russian to English was my job, and it was honestly kind of cool. I enjoyed her wise, humble company. And she sees it the other way around. Our relationship is pretty great.
I say, I digress!

There I was! People around us and silence. Just silence, and nobody saying a word. Each looking at something just to not make eye contact. Different older folk, Some very young folk, all kindza folk.
I had a pack of gum in my pocket, so I retrieved it. I unwrapped a slice of that delicious "soft mint" trident nice and slow-like.
After enjoying that first bite, I say pretty loudly, "Anyone want a piece of Gum?"
Two people seized the opportunity, but that's not even the best part.

Almost immediately after, conversations rose up and pleasantly disrupted the awful, slightly-awkward silence that was between us all.
My point guys and gals- is to always be that positive Vibe. BE that wave, that ripple that will cause others to do the same thing. Vibes to ripples, ripples to waves guys. ..and Gals. The butterfly effect is quite real, and it can change the world. One conversation, or good vibe at a time.


“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.."
Matthew 5:13-16




No comments:

Post a Comment