Monday, September 23, 2013

It's amazing how much we've slowed down.

I'm not knowledgeable on life as I should be. Hell, I'm only almost 22. And hell, I couldn't even spell knowledgeable without the auto-correct feature on my laptop. But when reading the writing of authors and how they felt about the world 20, 30, maybe even 50 years ago, even I can say that we, as a people have slowed down.
I just read a short chronicle by Mark Twain in a book called "San Francisco Stories". He talked about fashion, and his likes or dislikes concerning it. It's incredible how modest yet beautiful the fashion was in his day. How people genuinely looked for beauty in the way that they dressed.
What do we have now?
"10 ways to please your man" "Just grab him, and fire it up" "What's your sex life missing"
I can't avoid it. For God's sake, I can't even buy a thing of eggs from the grocery store without being bombarded with putrid tips on my basic instincts.
The average dumb broad sees tips on spicing up "Her" sex life. While the guy she's standing in line with eyes the woman on the front page and wonders what he would do to her.

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT" "IT'S TOTALLY NATURAL" "MY GOD, REALLY? IT'S SEX"

Sorry guys, I've had enough.
This stupid little phase our humanity is in... This senseless, useless, absolutely stagnant situation we're in. The unwillingness to progress as a species. The constant fight for attention. The constant egos and the unending nature of being centered on ones self.
It's irritating. It's disgusting. It's everywhere.

To every horrible story there is always a good side. God is the good side. As I am a male human, I am susceptible to the same tempting thoughts and lustful wants. But at least I'm willing to fight. And I know of many willing to fight. Fighting. And a good fight it is. And the Lord gives me strength.

"FIGHT WHAT? YOU'RE WEIRD."

To Fight what you already lost. You average-thinking american. You profit-providing, closed-minded scum, I pity you.



Love you guys, sorry for the negativity! [=

No comments:

Post a Comment