Sunday, September 15, 2013

Someone asked me why I write dark things.

I've been discovering that most writers write about fictional situations that they haven't experienced.

"I write to give myself strength.
I write to be the characters that I am not.
I write to explore all of the things I'm afraid of."
-Joss Whedon

You see, I think it is because my life has been on lyrics positive my whole life. I've had bad situations, yes. I've had times when I felt that I wanted to die.
But in general, life has been only good.
In hindsight, I'm very blessed.
All of my relatives are alive and well, our ties and relationships being very fruitful.
My parents and my siblings have been nothing other than edifying. Even though we have all had our falling out.

I believe that's why I love the grunginess of chaos.
Maybe that's why death fascinates me.
I may be blind to the reality of it, but still.

Violence is something I don't experience in my life, because I am a pretty good guy. Or so I hope.
So I love delving into it, creating it.

Sadness isn't something I feel everyday, so I love feeling it through characters in films, in stories.

I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry about the sad truth that I'm for feeling this way. Many people feel that isn't a good thing.
I beg to differ. I consider myself blessed. Being able to experience an enormous variety of emotions at all times.
Being able to switch back and forth on the swings of my feelings. If you can't..

Sucks for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment